Yorkshire MESMAC are seeking to appoint: Community Development Worker Older LGBT+ Adults. As detailed by MESMAC below:
We are seeking to appoint the following: Community Development Worker Older LGBT+ Adults (Bradford). This role is co-located with Yorkshire MESMAC and Equity Partnership teams and offices in Bradford, approximately ½ to ½ respectively.
- To decrease social isolation experienced by Older LGBT+ Adults in Bradford as part of the DoH&W Day Opportunities Grant.
- To involve Older LGBT+ Adults at every level of the services that serves them
- To develop and support the two older people’s groups in Bradford – Older & Wilder and Older & Bolder.
- To increase social opportunities for socially isolated Older LGBT+ Adults (groups/events)
- To support the two older people’s groups to become self-sufficient and self-governing
- To recruit, train and support project volunteers, including Older LGBT+ Adults, to roles including:
- Community speakers
- Group facilitator
- To undertake outreach work, to reach Older LGBT+ Adults, community groups, areas & events where they meet.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meet the needs of Older LGBT+ Adults
Main Responsibilities & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the application pack for more details)
- To assess needs in relation to social isolation experienced by Older LGBT+ adults.
- To develop ways of working around perceived, felt and expressed needs of Older LGBT+ Adults in conjunction with Yorkshire MESMAC and Equity Partnership management and staff teams.
- To represent the project on relevant bodies and committees as identified by the Yorkshire MESMAC Operations Manager – West and North Ridings, Chief Executive and/or the Equity Partnership Trustee Board.
- To support volunteers working with the project. Providing supervision, training and support as well as helping develop the volunteer roles that exist and creating new roles when necessary.
- To attend meetings, providing reports, as appropriate, of the Yorkshire MESMAC Board of Trustees, Equity Partnership Board of Trustees and associated working groups.
Salary: NJC scale 6 point 26 starting at £23,866 per annum pro rata for 15 hours per week. Fixed term contract until 31st March 2021. There is a 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period). Salary is reviewed annually. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website: http://mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies
Closing date is: Noon on Thursday 14th March 2019.
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews will be on Friday 29th March 2019.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).