Equity Partnership receives funding from Bradford Council’s Department of Health.
The aims of this funding are to improve the health of LGB&T people in the following ways:
- Provide information and advice on stopping smoking, healthy eating, and increasing physical activity.
- Provide screening for Chlamydia, Hepatitis B and HIV.
- Deliver activities relating to healthy eating, weight management, and physical activity.
- Deliver training to promote the needs of LGB&T communities.
- Update and distribute our publication ‘How to Work Positively with LGB&T Communities’ to health professionals.
- Develop appropriate resources on how to work positively with Trans people.
- Ensure the needs of LGB&T communities are represented at equality forums/meetings.
- Launch an Equality Index for Trans work.
Equity Partnership has conducted health needs assessments in partnership with our priority groups, and these are publicly available.
The Equity Centre provides a safe space for peer support groups to meet. We recognise the importance of peer support in promoting well-being and reducing isolation.