Equity Partnership is a registered charity operating in Bradford city centre. We provide advocacy and support for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and Transgender communities in the Bradford area. Established in 2004, we have grown out of the Bradford LGBT community and have over 800 members. The organisation operates a membership system for LGBT people and an affiliation system for organisations and individuals. Our projects are predominantly run out of our Equity Centre; a safe community space for LGBT people to meet and share in activities whilst gaining the support they need.
Our work aims to make the lives of LGBT people better, and falls into three strands:
Advocacy & Action
- Delivery of LGB and Trans training
- Information and advice
- Hate crime support
- Promotion of LGBT rights
Research & Collaboration
- Input into consultations
- Needs assessment
Health & Happiness
- Activities to promote community cohesion and well being
- Peer support
- Youth work
Outcomes of the post:
Equity Partnership will utilise technology and social media to ensure that the organisation:
- Has information to support funding applications and to fulfil the monitoring requirements of funders
- Effectively disseminates information to LGBT communities and their allies
- Has systems in place to promote efficient and effective working
- Has an up to date, lively website
- To input data into an Access database.
- To develop the database according to the changing needs of the organisation
- To retrieve information from the data base as and when required
- To promote the organisation and disseminate information through a range of social media and our website
- To support the team through the development and implementation of office systems
- To support the organisation of events
The Social Media and Data Administrator will be a flexible individual committed to LGBT communities. A great team player, they will be a self-starter with the energy and enthusiasm to make things happen.
In return we can offer a friendly and inclusive team in a central Bradford location. The hours of the post can be negotiated across Monday to Thursday, office hours, although occasional weekend/ evening work is needed with notice.
Accessibility: Equity Partnership is committed to equality of access for staff, trustees and members, and we have taken action to improve the accessibility of our office and community space. Unfortunately we have not achieved accessibility for all. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs.
The Recruitment Process will be delivered in accordance with the recruitment and selection procedure of Equity Partnership, and in accordance with equality of opportunity principles.
The assessment of candidates will be in four parts:
- A letter of application – please apply explaining how you meet the requirements of the post
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A relevant assessment task
- A formal interview
- An enhanced DBS check
Closing date: 9.00 am 29th January 2018
Please submit your letter of application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting will take place the week commencing 29th January 2018, and interviews on Wednesday 14th February 2018.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your application